书籍英文名：Alfred’s Essentials of Music Theory, Complete
书籍作者：Andrew Surmani, Karen Farnum Surmani, Morton Manus
书籍简介: Alfred’s Essentials of Music Theory is designed for students of any age, whether listeners or performers, who want to have a better understanding of the language of music. In this all-in-one theory course, you will learn the essentials of music through concise lessons, practice your music reading and writing skills in the exercises, improve your listening skills with the ear-training CDs (available separately or as a Book & CD combo), and test your knowledge with a review that completes each unit.
The Student Complete Book includes Books 1-3 in a spiral-bound format.
Book 1 (Lessons 1-25): Staff, Notes and Pitches
* Treble & Bass Clefs
* Grand Staff & Ledger Lines
* Note Values
* Measure, Bar Line and Double Bar
* 2/4, 3/4 & 4/4 Time Signatures
* Whole, Half & Quarter Notes/Rests
* Dotted Half & Quarter Notes
* Ties & Slurs
* Repeat Sign, 1st & 2nd Endings
* Eighth Notes & Rests
* Dynamic Signs, Tempo Marks & Articulation
* D.C., D.S., Coda & Fine
* Flats, Sharps & Naturals
* Whole & Half Step, Enharmonic Notes.
Book 2 (Lessons 25-50): Tetrachords & Major Scales
* Key Signatures
* Chromatic Scale
* Intervals, Circle of Fifths
* Perfect, Major & Minor Intervals
* Augmented & Diminished Intervals
* Solfège & Transposition
* Sixteenth Notes & Rests
* Dotted Eighth Notes & Eighth Note Triplets
* Common Time & Cut Time
* 3/8 & 6/8 Time Signatures
* Pick-up Notes & Syncopation
* Primary & Major Triads
* Scale Degree Names
* Dominant 7th Chord.
Book 3 (Lessons 51-75): 1st & 2nd Inversions of Triads
* Inversions of V7 Chords
* Figured Bass
* Major Chord Progressions
* Minor Scales, Minor Triads
* Augmented & Diminished Triads
* Primary Triads in Minor Keys
* Minor Chord Progressions
* Harmonizing a Melody in Major and Minor Keys
* Broken Chords & Arpeggiated Accompaniments
* Passing and Neighboring Tones
* Composing a Melody in Major and Minor Keys
* 12-Bar Blues Chord Progression & Blues Scale
* Basic Forms of Music.
The complete line of Alfred’s Essentials of Music Theory includes Student Books, a Teacher’s Answer Key, Ear-Training CDs, Double Bingo games, Flash Cards, Reproducible Teacher’s Activity Kits, and interactive software for students and teachers in private study, studio and network environments.