书籍简介：The comprehensive guide to furniture design— expanded and updated Furniture designers draw on a range of knowledge and disciplines to create their work. From history to theory to technology, Furniture Design offers a comprehensive survey of the essential craft- and practice-related aspects of furniture design.
Generously illustrated with photographs and drawings—including a new color section—this Second Edition features updated coverage of material specifications, green design, digital design, and fabrication technologies. It also features twenty-five case studies of furniture design that represent a broad selection of works, designers, and techniques, including recent designs produced within the last decade.
The book explores
– Furniture function and social use
– Form, spatial organization, and typological orders
– Structural integrity and composition
– Accessibility, universal design, human factors, and ergonomics
– The design process, from schematics through fabrication
– Materials, processes, and methods of fabrication
– Professional practice and marketing
– The history of furniture design, from prehistory to the digital age
Complete with a glossary of terms and a comprehensive bibliography, Furniture Design, Second Edition is a one-stop resource that furniture designers will turn to regularly for the advice, guidance, and information needed to perform their craft.