英文电子书|Getting started in street photography
书籍英文名：Getting started in street photography
书籍简介: During his 20 years “shooting street,” Bill Birnbaum has been photographing strangers on the streets of North America, South America, Europe and New Zealand. In this book, he offers the reader the benefit of his extensive experience.
In “Getting Started in Street Photography,” you will learn…
• What kind of camera is best for shooting street?
• Choosing your lens – which is best for street photography?
• The most appropriate camera settings for shooting street
• How about a smart phone for street photography? – pluses and minuses
• Pre-focusing (or zone focusing) to gain speed
• Color vs. black and white – considerations in choosing
• How to overcome fear of photographing strangers by employing the technique of “farming” rather than “hunting.”
• Strolling around the streets – moving within a fast-paced crowd
• Remaining inconspicuous when photographing strangers – dos and don’ts
• Techniques for “shooting from the hip” – when walking, standing, sitting
• What to look for in your subject – composition and timing
• Shooting street with a companion – yes or no – pluses and minuses
• A shot in the dark – shooting at night – shooting indoors
• Shooting street when traveling – shooting events – other cultures
• Why you should shoot in horizontal, rather than vertical, format
• About ethics and the law – what you’ll especially want to avoid
• Avoiding each of the three ways in which a street shot can “fail”
“Getting Started in Street Photography” also offers…
• A list of 19 tips for shooting better street photographs
• 63 of Bill Birnbaum’s street shots, each illustrating one or more key points
• Numerous links to related websites, blogs, photo forums, photo software and other information sources
Here’s 20 years worth of street photography know-how for the price of a single book. If you’re looking for how-to info on street photography, this is the book for you.